Happy Mother’s Day to all you awesome moms out there! Especially to my Mom and Mom-in-Law. You are both such a blessing, and I’m so thankful for all you’ve taught me.
Archive for the ‘hearth’ Category
Posted in hearth, homekeeping, sample saturday, tagged baking, blog, breakfast, chocolate, christian, cooking, craft, food, geek, humor, kids, kraken, marriage, music, parenting, prayer, st. patrick's day on March 16, 2013 | Leave a Comment »
*****In case you haven’t heard, Google Reader is shutting down in a few months. I’ve moved over to bloglovin’ as my RSS feed reader, and they have a really quick process for transferring all your subscriptions from Google Reader. If you want to continue receiving my posts after Google Reader shuts down, please consider following Homekeeping Adventures through bloglovin’. The button is just to the right —–> Thank you!
Good Morning and Happy Spring! Grab a cup of coffee or tea and settle in for this week’s roundup of my favorite posts.
Kisses and Kiddos
No Fail Parenting Phrases – From The Confident Mom, this is a good list of clear and concise statements to improve communication with kids of all ages.
Top 10 Tips to Get Kids to do Chores - The Home Sanctuary blog has some wonderful ideas for encouraging (not nagging) kids to do their chores.
A Marital Intimacy Playlist - J from Hot, Holy, and Humorous put together a great list of clean romantic songs from different musical genres.
Bacon Cheddar Waffles - What can I say? It’s a waffle with bacon and cheddar cheese, and that sounds awesome. I’m looking forward to trying this recipe from Shutterbean.
Corned Beef Hash Eggs Benedict - If you are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, consider making this breakfast spin on the tradition dish. (From spoon fork bacon)
Cinnamon Espresso St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes - And then you can serve these beautiful treats from Bakingdom for dessert.
Just for Fun and Giggles
DIY T-shirt Dress - I have very few sewing skills, but this project from The Kurtz Corner looks so cute I might just have to try it someday when I learn to use a sewing machine.
And then there is this awesome picture of Baby Kraken! I dare you not to smile.
Enjoy your weekend!
1. The Little Ones really enjoy playing together now. I love watching them run around, sing, practice the ABC’s, and play on the computer together.
2. Big Man and I enjoyed our Valentine’s dinner out. It was nice to be together, have a relaxing meal, and enjoy a movie that did not include singing Veggies.
3. Little Man looks so cute in his “big boy” crew cut. Plus it is easy and less expensive now that we can cut his hair here at home!
4. Little Lady is talking more and more each day. She knows most of her letters now and is starting to count. Very appropriately, her favorite word is “me.”
5. I’ve had lots of success in my recent kitchen experiments. One of my recent goals has been to include more veggies in our meals and trade pre-processed ingredients for homemade wherever I can. I’ve found some great veggie recipes that even I enjoy and I’ve successfully DIY’ed bagels, jam, flour tortillas, and chicken stock.
Hope y’all are having a great Friday! See you tomorrow for Sample Saturday.