Posted in hearth, homekeeping, tagged bible, christian, dad, firefly, geek, hobbit, husband, kids, marriage, mom, parenting, talk like a pirate, tolkien, whedon, wife on September 20, 2012 |
Leave a Comment »
I’m still recovering and getting back into the homekeeping routine, but I definitely have things to be thankful for this week!
1. All the help and support Big Man and I have received from our family during recovery. We are so thankful and the Little Ones are loving all the extra time with the grandparents.
2. This recovery time has given me many reminders of what a wonderful husband I have. Big Man has been taking care of everything with the house, the kids, and me and he is such a blessing.
3. I’ve started attending a local Bible Study and so far I am really enjoying the study and my small group. Little Man and Little Lady also get to attend and while it has been difficult for me to get used to leaving them with other kids and non-related adults, it is a good experience for all of us.
4. Since Little Lady has decided the best way to play in a sandbox includes covering herself with as much sand as possible, I’m very thankful for our washing machine and easy-care kids clothes.
5. This week includes the new trailer for The Hobbit, the 10th anniversary of the premier of Firefly, International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and Hobbit Day. Total geekery FTW!
Hope y’all are having a great Friday! See you tomorrow for Sample Saturday.
Read Full Post »
Posted in hearth, homekeeping, sample saturday, tagged baking, blog, blog post, christian, cooking, craft, diy, firefly, food, funny, geek, geeky, humor, kids, lol, marriage, parenting, pinterest on March 24, 2012 |
Leave a Comment »
Good Morning and Happy Saturday! I hope you get a few minutes to relax with a hot cup of coffee or tea and enjoy this weeks sampling of blog-y goodness. And yes, “blog-y” is a word. I know by the absence of a squiggly red line underneath.
Kisses and Kiddos
Best Friends - The Generous Wife talks about how important the friendship part of marriage is. A great reminder to cultivate friendship with your spouse.
Realistic Homekeeping Expectations - Not to be all self-absorbed or anything, but I’m pretty much convinced that this post from The Confident Mom was written specifically for me. The grace and reality check in this article were so refreshing, and there are a couple links in there to similar posts.
Be All There - I get easily distracted, especially by trying to plan out every detail of the future, so this reminder from The Romantic Vineyard was really helpful to me.
Jordan Almond Bluebirds – Sugarbelle takes us on a Sweet Adventure with a step-by-step tutorial for creating these perfectly adorable little birdies.
Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Peas - The Pioneer Woman gives her take on this classic comfort food meal, complete with beautiful photos.
Meyer Lemon Curd-Swirled Cheesecake Bars - Citrus-y, spring-y, cheesecake-y goodness in bar form. Sugarcrafter’s recipe for these treats look delicious.
Cheddar Popovers - I always thought you needed a special pan to make popovers, but this recipe from So Tasty, So Yummy uses a muffin tin. These look so great, I can’t wait to try them.
Funfetti Gooey Butter Cake - The Cookbook Queen has discovered the only thing that could possibly improve a decadent gooey butter cake: Sprinkles.
Just for Fun and Giggles
DIY Butterfly Mobile - My crafting skills are pretty much non-existant but this project showcased over at the Epbot blog is gorgeous. And the detailed instructions make me think I could actually succeed at making my own. Or maybe I could succeed at finding someone with crafting talent to make one for me. Either way, I want (read: MUST HAVE) one of these for Little Lady’s room.
And yes, I realize this final giggle is excessively geeky, but who could resist a Calvin-and-Hobbes/Firefly mash-up? Not me:
Picture found on Pinterest, original source Geek Art Gallery
Enjoy your weekend!
Read Full Post »