We’ve made more progress on the house, mostly with utilities and exterior finish work. Big Man is working all the time he isn’t at his job, and we’ve had tons of help from parents and other family members. Here’s what’s been done:
- HVAC is complete and has passed inspection
- Propane tank and the propane lines in the house are done and have passed inspection
- We’re doing the electrical wiring ourselves, and my dad has been doing a lot of work laying out all the plans for the circuits. We should be able to start the actual wiring soon
- The deck railing is almost completely installed and we’ve started laying the decking wood.
- We decided to use local flagstone as the siding for the basement walls. Big Man did all the research to learn how to install it and has been working hard on this project. It’s an labor-intensive process involving a difficult-to-work-with wire mesh, a base coat of concrete, and then more concrete work to actually put the stones up. But it looks amazing and we’re about halfway through.
- The rain gutters have been installed, including beautiful rain chains that serve as the downspouts off the front portico.
- The stone steps up the slope from the driveway are halfway done.
Here are some pictures!
Thanks for following along with us!